Let’s all take a moment to appreciate Aaron Bertram’s new wardrobe.
- TOMORROW I’ll be at Disneyland with Anees for a sort of date day. Suburban Legends are playing at night too, so it should be tons of fun.
- 6 DAYS until MUSE at the Staples Center!!!
- 8 DAYS until my family checks out the AP dinner show at the Golden Horseshoe.
- 45 DAYS until Anees’ birthday ♥
- 57 DAYS until Anees’ and my 5 year anniversary ♥♥♥
- 70 DAYS until Vegas to spend my $1,000 shopping spree at Caesar’s Forum Shops!
- 250 DAYS until Walt Disney World with Anees, Jon, and mom!
- 259 DAYS until our Bahamian cruise aboard the Disney Dream!!
I have very mixed emotions about how the show was last night…
- I loved seeing Anees in his Aquabat outfit. He’s so cute in it and he was really happy to be there. He bought us hoodies so now we can be that annoying matchy couple :D
- I’m happy the Aquabats are gaining more fans from different demographics thanks to the Super Show, but alot of the people that were there last night were assholes and needed to chill out.
- I’m all for pitting, but pit appropriately. When you’re at a Cannibal Corpse show, it’s totally cool if you’re out for blood. At an Aquabats show, that looses it’s charm really quickly.
- Don’t give me shit for bumping into you when (a) you’re on the floor (b) the only song you know the words to is “Burger Rain”.
- The Aquabats are hilarious, but the whole stopping halfway through a song to ramble on to each other for 10 minutes thing got old fast. They could’ve played at least 10 more songs in the time they spent speaking nonsensically.
This makes me sound like an old fart or an elitist, but last night made me really miss the Aquabats shows where you knew half the crowd and were friends with the other half by the end of the show. I listen to all types of music, have seen all kinds of bands, and have met and pitted with all types of people. The thing I’ve always loved about ska is the comraderie that other genres generally lack. Last night there was no comraderie. Most of the people I encountered tried picking fights with me or my friends over the dumbest things, i.e. Jon was too tall so they couldn’t see past him, or how dare I get pushed into someone’s girlfriend. It was just idiotic.
Aside from their sound issues, Suburban Legends were fun and awesome as always. Apart from their random ramblings amongst themselves, The Aquabats were also awesome. I give a thumbs up to the bands that played, and a whole hearted “Go fuck yourself.” to the people we encountered in the crowd.
Thursday at the House of Blues in Downtown Disney!! Who’s going?? I know I am!
I AM! A chance to dance it up with my besties to some great bands?! How can I resist?! See you there :D
- 9 DAYS until the Aquabats and Suburban Legends at HOB Anaheim with Anees, Portia, and Howard!
- 21 DAYS until Christmas!
- 26 DAYS until the 3rd Annual Ska Luau with EVERYBODY! This is the biggest group of friends we’ve gotten to go to a show so far!
- 27 DAYS until we ring in the new year at Disneyland with Suburban Legends!
- 32 DAYS until Reel Big Fish at HOB Anaheim!
- 38 DAYS until my girl’s day with Portia, that will most likely end at Sum 41’s 10th anniversary show for Does This Look Infected?.
- 51 DAYS until MUSE at the Staples Center!!!
- 115 DAYS until Vegas for more coloring on my camera piece!
- 295 DAYS until Walt Disney World with Anees, Jon, and mom!
- 304 DAYS until our Bahamian cruise aboard the Disney Dream!!
- 3 DAYS until the member appreciation breakfast at the Grammy Museum, and another night of Suburban Legends at Disneyland.
- 10 DAYS until the Reel Big Fish video shoot! I can’t wait for this!
- 12 DAYS until I start Jury Duty. BOOO! Hopefully they don’t call me in.
- 15 DAYS until Thanksgiving! We have dinner reservations at Steakhouse 55. YUM!
- 17 DAYS until my birthday dinner with all of my friends and family.
- 22 DAYS until Vegas for my birthday!
- 23 DAYS until my all day tattoo appointment with Josh and Alice Cooper at the Palms!!!
- 25 DAYS until my birthday!
- 36 DAYS until the Aquabats at HOB Anaheim with Anees, Portia, and Howard!
- 53 DAYS until the 3rd Annual Ska Luau with EVERYBODY! This is the biggest group of friends we’ve got so far!
- 78 DAYS until MUSE at the Staples Center!!!
- 322 DAYS until Walt Disney World with Anees, Jon, and mom!
- 331 DAYS until our Bahamian cruise aboard the Disney Dream!!
We went to the box office at HOB Anaheim this weekend and picked up 8 tickets for Ska Luau and 4 tickets for Aquabats. Thank god for 4 packs saving us all money on shows we were going to see anyways.
It was nice catching up with Vince, Brad and I are ready for our contracts with Ford Models, and Derek and I kick more ass than Chuck Norris. Have I told you how much I love my friends and my life?
If they’re selling these at the final show in Anaheim I’m totally picking one up…even if Goldfinger isn’t on our date. I LOVE it!
Buying tickets on Friday :) I wish we had Goldfinger instead of The Maxies though. There’s only so many songs about clubbing seals I can take.
Over the weekend we were on the front page of OrangeCounty.com after attending Suburban Legends’ Day Job Record Release Party at the Chain Reaction. We had a pretty great night.